In light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended until further notice.
Sadly, this means that we will not be conducting services or other events at All Saints, St Michael’s or St Mary’s for the time being. However, this is certainly not a time for your Christian faith to take a back seat!
- Every Sunday morning we will be posting a film of a service featuring some splendid hymns, readings, prayers and a short talk suitable for all ages. A variety of people from our three churches will be involved in this. Please make engaging with this a priority! A link to the service will be on the website and on our Facebook pages.
- We are working with our ecumenical friends to support the most vulnerable in our communities. Our particular focus will be on feeding children who normally receive free school meals and their families.
- To this end, we’ll be collecting food for meal packages and are looking into meal deliveries.
- Volunteers are to get in touch with Ben (01425 672850 / 07990695830 / email@example.com. Similarly, when you have found someone in need and have discussed it with them, please let us know how we can help them.
- We are yet to hear guidance on the situation with weddings and funerals and will be in conversation with those for whom this is relevant in due course.
- If you’re self-isolating, this may be a good time to get into better habits with prayer and Bible reading. The Church of England has published some resources which may help with this: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches